UMBC Event Center Proactive Measures for COVID-19
March 11th, 2020
The comfort and safety of our guests and employees is a top priority for us.
We are closely monitoring the situation and are in constant contact with the CDC, local and state officials, and our corporate office and following their guidance and suggestions.
Our events will continue as planned as we have strengthened our rigorous sanitation process and procedures throughout the UMBC Event Center.
In addition to placing hand sanitizer at each of our entry points, we have also posted informational messaging from the CDC in all of our restrooms and other high-traffic areas of the venue.
We have further added the following measures to create a safe environment for our guests, including:
- Disinfecting all floors, surfaces and food-serving areas before, during and after events.
- Ensuring all employees are trained in properly washing, cleaning and wearing gloves when serving our customers.
- Sanitizing restrooms continuously throughout the day whether there are events or not.
- Having personnel open doors for guests
- Closely monitoring the health of our employees and requiring them to stay home should they experience the slightest of symptoms.
With the safety of our guests, their families and our employees a top priority, we kindly remind our guests if they or any of their family members are experiencing respiratory illness and symptoms, fever, coughing and shortness of breath to avoid visiting the UMBC Event Center and follow doctor’s orders.
Other steps you can take to minimize the spread of viruses include:
- Avoiding contact with people who are sick.
- Washing your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds. Especially before eating, after using the bathroom, and after coughing and/or sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Sneezing or coughing into your elbow; or covering your mouth and nose with a tissue before sneezing or coughing, then immediately discard the tissue.
- Regularly disinfecting frequently touched surfaces such as door handles and countertops.
We will continue to review emerging guidance on preventative measures and will adjust our policies and procedures as needed.
We look forward to entertaining you soon.
UMBC Event Center Management